Unused Disk Space Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamsteria

Hello,

I have a 160 GB HD and I use Rollback RX for my recovery software. I can't seem to complete a scan with Eraser. When I erase unused disk space, even with only one pass, the machine freezes about half way through the scan. I then have no choice but to manually restart the computer. Spacemonger shows that I now have 84 GB of unscannable space. I already had System Restore turned off so it is not the system volume folder.

I found and deleted the ERAFSWD.TMP folder, which showed that it was 71 GB in size. I'm still showing 84GB of unscannable space. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Hamsteria :D

Welcome to the forum.

Do you think your backup software has backed up the ERAFSWD.TMP file ? If so can you delete from its backups ?

Have you tried shutting down your backup program before running Eraser ?

If all else fails you could try to run a free space wipe in safe mode.

Let us know how you get on.

I have just realised,

Another user here on the Eraser forums called jberaser has suggested this program to help find missing large files.

Don't post duplicate issues. It's irritating and shows you don't care about what others are going through (and the extra time needed to entertain your duplicate requests). http://bbs.heidi.ie/viewtopic.php?t=2801

Perhaps it is not obvious, but it is the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back