Update Problem

tim-b

Hi

When I open Eraser and choose "Check for Updates", an Eraser window opens saying,
Value of "_4900" is not valid for "Value". Value should be between "minimum" and "maximum". Parameter name: Value

Is this an update server problem similar to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8021&p=23512&hilit=value+of#p23512?

The value is different, and this has been happening for a couple of weeks or more.
I have uninstalled, deleted the Eraser application data folders, run CCleaner and reinstalled. Makes no difference.
It's the same running as either a limited user or with admin rights.

I have version 6.0.8.2273 and Win XP SP3, fully updated.

Thank you for an excellent product.
tim-b

tim-b said:
Is this an update server problem similar to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8021&p=23512&hilit=value+of#p23512?
Very probably. Also, I couldn't get this feature to work properly before the server outage in any case.

tim-b said:
I have version 6.0.8.2273 and Win XP SP3, fully updated.
You have the latest stable version, and at current rates of progress, that is likely to remain true for many months to come :(

David

I have a Windows XP PRO , SP3, machine with all updates applied. I have the exact same error. I cannot use Eraser's update tool without getting this error message:

Value of '-4900' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and ''maximm'.
Parameter name: Value

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but nothing changed. this did not happen with the previous version. What's up?

I don't know what the issue is; maybe Joel can help during his limited windows of opportunity to go on line. The fact is, however, that until there's another release (not soon, I fear :( ), the function is of little use to 6.0.8 users in any case.

David

Apologies for the delay, I've fixed the server: can you have a check if the problem still exists?

The problem is as before; well, I think it is.

Using build 2284, when the update check is initiated, the check runs to the end of the progress bar, then hangs with a spinning ball. As the window is modal, Eraser cannot be stopped normally; if you use Task Manager, results are not necessarily consistent in that sometimes the updater and sometimes the Eraser process have to be stopped, as well as the main program window.

David

Oh, I thought this was for the 6.0 series? I'll check the 6.2 branch later.

I've got a build 2306 which I just compiled and tested, it works fine. Do you want a copy of the binaries to test? I may do a few fixes and manually publish the builds if so.

Back