Upgrading to v6.0.9.2343 No registered JIT debugger Error

radhx

Hi,

My machine Config: WinXP Pro SP2, Intel 1.6GHz, 1.2GB DDR RAM, 40GB HDD, AVG Free Antivirus, Comodo Firewall.

I upgraded from v6.0.8.2273 (which works fine) to the latest v6.0.9.2343.
After installation when I tried to run Eraser, I got the following error window -

Title: Eraser.exe - No debugger found.

No registered JIT debugger was specified.
Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

|Retry| |Cancel|

On clicking Retry, the Erase runs in the background, but there is no icon in the tray and I can not access any functions.
If I click Cancel, Eraser aborts.

I tried to run Eraser with my Comodo Firewall deactivated, but still getting the same error.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Rad.

Re: Upgrading to v6.0.9.2343 No registered JIT debugger Erro

Try following the instructions for crashing on startup in http://bbs.heidi.ie/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6215. I upgraded a test machine from 6.0.8 to 6.0.9 and it upgraded without incident, so this particular problem still eludes me.

Thanks Joel.

It was the Task List from previous version which was causing this issue. After deleting it Eraser worked just fine.

First time I had tried upgrading (installing on previous version) and when it did not work I uninstalled 6.0.9 and re-installed 6.0.8 which worked. So I again uninstalled 6.0.8 and re-installed latest 6.0.9. But got the same JIT error.

Looks like uninstall does not remove existing Task List even though it is not usable. Can't it be done in any way? Or maybe a new blank Task List can be created if one with older version is encountered?

Thanks & Regards,
Rad.

Like I've mentioned before, I have task lists which do upgrade cleanly after installing a new version, so it is rather difficult to determine whether the task list can be upgraded automatically. To reset all task lists automatically would mean those cases be ignored.

In 6.2 I'm going to re-write the task list format to be based on XML, which should resolve this problem once and for all. Hope that you can understand the situation I'm in.

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to Eraser v6.2

Thanks & Regards,
Rad.

Back