Websites being tracked

A

Anonymous

I use a computer at work. During my lunchbreak I like to surf the web. I know that my company has the ability to track all websites visited via a "log" that is created on the company server (Windows 2000).

Is there any way to mask the websites that I visit so they will not show up on any log?

Thanks

You could encode the url's into their numerical representation
eg %20 = space etc much like those spam emails do.

This will annoy the casual observer and any plaintext keyword scanning but the 'robot' will get you in then end :)

I am hoping to incorporate this into NoTrax but currently favorites have the top slot in the todo list.

Garrett

Garrett,

Thanks for the response. How do you "encode the url's into their numerical representation".

Also, if the "encoding" is done - what will show up on the log?

We have a pretty sharp IT guy that will be reviewing these logs - will he be able to figure out what I'm doing?

>>Thanks for the response. How do you "encode the url's into their >>numerical representation".
This will require a small utility but to make it transparent would require some effort.

>>Also, if the "encoding" is done - what will show up on the log?
%23%13%56 etc

>>We have a pretty sharp IT guy that will be reviewing these logs - will >>he be able to figure out what I'm doing?
Well if he just does a text search then he never will. If he actually browses the logs then he will notice an issue.

It is possble he has reports of usage based on url's visited etc.

Others here might have a few tips. So I throw this open to the forum.

Garrett

Back