While Trying to Wipe a CD I May Have Accidentaly Erased Data on My External HDD - How Can I Tell?

Ben24

I was trying to wipe a CD using https://eraser.heidi.ie/and HDD was also connected.
After a minute I noticed in “my computer/drive” that it was doing something with my drive.I disconnected the drive immediately.
Can’t find any data that could be deleted (how will I it was 1TB drive).How to find whether data is deleted/damage/corrupted ,
if yes how to recover/un-corrupt data?
I can't remember what operation I chose I was in heart attack.I just remember that I wanted to WIPE the CD so I must have chosen "drive/Partition".
If it was just a minute then not much would have happened?
But if it wipes free space first or it wipes un-deleted data first?If it it wipes free space then I don't need to ppanic?
Please tell what could have happened.
Eraser version i was using:6.2.2979(6.2.0.2979)
Please Help.Thanks in advance.
I choose CD to wipe but Eraser started doing something with my HHD(as stated earlier).It a bug in eraser.

Last edited:
did you try a freespace wipe or a complete drive wipe? if it was a freespace wipe you should be ok. Look for the eraser.tmp folder in the root of the drive and delete that if you interrupted the erase process.

Eraser wont wipe a cd but what might have happened was the cd burner started filling up a temp file on the HDD to write to the CD.

did you try a freespace wipe or a complete drive wipe? if it was a freespace wipe you should be ok. Look for the eraser.tmp folder in the root of the drive and delete that if you interrupted the erase process.
Eraser wont wipe a cd but what might have happened was the cd burner started filling up a temp file on the HDD to write to the CD.
Ans- I used "Drive/Partition" as said in the Question
Questions-
1. Are you developer at Eraser?
2. What do you meant by "...the cd burner started filling up a temp file on the HDD to write to the CD."
3. What do you meant by "Eraser wont wipe a cd"
4. Are you sure that temp files were being written to HDD?

Last edited:
Back