Wipe free space doesn't work correctly (I can recover files)

You guys that are saying it isn't erasing properly why don't you use this program http://camstudio.org/ and record everything you are doing to show everyone that it isn't working properly. Just host the video file on any free hosting website like yousendit.com

Hi,
I'm not an expert but i seemed to have come up with a solution to the above problems, or rather something i did that solved it. I had the same problems as everyone else, files that didn't seem to want to go away however many times i ran eraser. This is what i did;

1. I did as it was suggested, i turned off the user account control
2. I then did a defrag
3. I then used my TV Capture card to save video continously until my hard drive was full. (This can be done just by copying a DVD several times)
4. I the ran eraser again

After this I ran 3 different recovery programs and non of them came back with the previous files that had been kicking around for months.
I will now carry on using my CCleaner and other file clean up programs with eraser and monitor to see if it happens again. Someone else try it to see if they have success.

Spuddy said:
Hi,
3. I then used my TV Capture card to save video continously until my hard drive was full. (This can be done just by copying a DVD several times)
That has probably overwritten the deleted files properly and not Eraser. So it's not really a solution.

Back