Eraser 586a Released

Eraser updates will be posted to this forum.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Eraser 586a Released

Postby garrett01 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:30 am

You can download from
http://www.heidi.ie/download/Eraser586a_setup.exe

This should fix the 64bit install issues. Please test and if ok I will make it an official release on SourceForge.

Garrett
Last edited by garrett01 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
garrett01

Postby Overwriter » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:05 am

Hi Garrett. :)

I notice you are working late into the night ! :lol:

Thank you for your efforts, I don’t have 64bit but I will PM some members who do to get this tested for you.

Thanks.
:wink:
Want to help Eraser ? Read this. Found a bug in Eraser, please report it here. Eraser FAQ
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Blewby » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:35 pm

Hi, I appreciate all the help for us 64bit vista users...but I still get an error. Also I have no way to uncheck the 32bit install..I can only uncheck the add Eraser to the recycle bin entries area, (see the 32bit core install box is completely grey)

Also I notice on install I have the visual C++ install 2 times ..one of which is 64bit.

I do not have UAC enabled as it such a pain.

I tried installing Eraser with and without unchecking (uninstall and reboot inbetween)...and I get errors.

This Is best I can do by unchecking...the 32 bit only has grey box

This is the error

I was hoping I wouldnt have to report bad news...as you all are working hard on this.
Last edited by Blewby on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
Blewby

Postby Blewby » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:44 pm

PS...On removal of Eraser and Both C++ entries in the add/remove programs section, I get an error removing the 64bit C++ entry...by its wording I thought I should post the capture....

PS...Sorry about posting big captures..but this way you can see what im trying to do...and see the problem as I do.
Blewby

Postby Overwriter » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi Blewby

I am sorry to learn that things are still not working for you.

Thanks for your input though and I hope you will continue to help test the 64bit version.

Thanks.
Want to help Eraser ? Read this. Found a bug in Eraser, please report it here. Eraser FAQ
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Blewby » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:18 pm

You bet I will...Between Joel and you, Overwriter.. I will help test...I know Joel is working hard with a non Vista 64...and Garrett is helping with the 64bit...with my posts I hope I can help?!?

This is a great App. to have, but the Portable 5.84 version is still the only version to work with Vista 64 (at least for me).

Like I said in previous post...I hope the pics are not irratating..but I just want to show you all what I see.

Thanks All and Hope you have A Happy Holiday season!
Blewby

Postby Joel » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Do not uninstall the x64 and x86 redistributables. This may prevent other programs from working.

Is installing the 32 bit version a hassle for you?

Like I said I'd really wish to get an x64 build if anyone can point me to the right direction. I can't find a link to contact Microsoft Singapore for a copy.

Joel
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Blewby » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi Joel

I tried first to install Eraser 5.86a completly with all items checked and got the error..Then uninstalled/reboot and tried installing with 32bit unchecked. I guess this really is no biggie as the portable is working well..but im here to try to help.

As far as linking you to a site..I found this in microsofts-Singapore's site... http://www.microsoft.com/singapore/wind ... tobuy.mspx
Im sure you seen this also tho. If your looking for a site for MS to 'handout' a copy for program developers I do not see anything.

The redistributables only show when I install Eraser...not sure if any of my programs rely on it at all (everything works fine yet without it except the X64 redistributable is still in add/remove as its stuck there). I was just trying to do a clean install before reinstalling Eraser, also did a regedit. Tried everything I could do to try to make it work.
Blewby

Postby Joel » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:25 pm

Not really developers' handout, more like something a legal owner of a copy of Vista would have an entitlement or something to a 64 bit version...

Hmmmmm I really have no idea how to help from here.. Never used a 64 bit OS before

Joel
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby hqdub » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Even though the x86 boxes check-boxes are cleared (but one remains greyed like blewby says), on the next screen prior to installation I can clearly see that it says (something like) "install components selected - x86 and x64".

Is this the problem?
hqdub

Postby liegel » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:00 pm

[quote=
This is the error

I was hoping I wouldnt have to report bad news...as you all are working hard on this.[/quote]

I get this error on Win32 vista.
liegel

Postby wraithdu » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:13 pm

I get this error/problem -

http://www.cipherserver.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3045

installing 5.86a on 32-bit WinXP Pro. 5.86 is OK. Just thought I'd mention it for this thread (I think Joel has a fix already, just not released).
wraithdu

Postby garrett01 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Have gone back to the old MSI type install with two seperate installers for 32bit and 64bit.

32Bit: http://www.heidi.ie/download/erasersetup32.exe
64Bit http://www.heidi.ie/download/erasersetup64.exe

Try these and let me know.

Garrett
garrett01

Postby bradw » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:27 pm

I'm using XP Pro x64 on a dual core AMD machine. I was also receiving the "misconfiguration error" message after installing 5.86. Using the separate 64 bit installer solved the problem. One slight bug noted in this separate 64 bit distribution. The Start Menu item for Eraser Verify is set to the wrong executable name. When Windows Explorer starts it's "looking for this item" dialog, its easy enough to hit the "browse" button and select the Erschk.exe executable. After that, everything works correctly.
I'd be happy to help with an 64 bit testing. I normally run XP Pro x64, but I also have machines running Vista x64, Vista 32 bit, and XP Pro 32 bit.
bradw

Postby Blewby » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi Garrett,

I attempted to install this (Vista 64)...now im getting the error

Eraser.exe-Unable to Locate Component.
This application has failed to start because Eraser.dll was not found. Reinstalling blah blah blah...

Man Im Starting to think its me...or my machine. I just built it 3 weeks ago but all other things work great...exspecially when Nvidia released there last graphics driver.

I will see if I can locate Eraser.dll (post back later)
Wayne

EDIT...
Found Eraser.dll in C:\Windows ...where should this be moved to?
Blewby

Next

Return to Eraser Update Alerts