Error

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Re: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070015

Postby DavidHB » Sat May 15, 2010 3:50 pm

I'll leave this one to Joel.

For what it's worth, I've seen this kind of error when messing with development builds, but not with the stable release. It seems to be associated in my case with repeated uninstalling and reinstalling; doing a full uninstall then running CCleaner to be sure has always fixed it for me, though not always at the first attempt.

I've not used the Program Compatibility Assistance Service; my approach is to change the setting on the compatibility tab of the executable (or shortcut) file properties. I also have UAC set to its lowest level, and usually don't need to run Eraser elevated at all in Windows 7.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Re: Error

Postby Joel » Sat May 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Your problem has always been the same -- that Eraser cannot determine the drive configuration of your computer (necessary to handle file system specific issues.) One of your drives are inaccessible to you, and that's probably the one causing the problem.

I don't have a workaround offhand...
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Sat May 15, 2010 10:26 pm

I've looked up some documentation, and will post a fix to the Eraser 6.0 branch (get from the nightly builds page) soon.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Sat May 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Fixed in r2139.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Re: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070015

Postby eraseduser » Sun May 16, 2010 8:34 am

DavidHB wrote:I've not used the Program Compatibility Assistance Service; my approach is to change the setting on the compatibility tab of the executable (or shortcut) file properties. I also have UAC set to its lowest level, and usually don't need to run Eraser elevated at all in Windows 7. David

There is a setting 'run program as administrator' (Privilege level) on the compatibility tab of the executable (or shortcut) file properties that can also be checked using the Program Compatibility Assistance Service (choice: The program requires additional permissions). That is what I did.

But I learned that it is not necessary to run Eraser as an Administrator all the time (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6240#p18310).

Joel wrote:Your problem has always been the same -- that Eraser cannot determine the drive configuration of your computer (necessary to handle file system specific issues.) One of your drives are inaccessible to you, and that's probably the one causing the problem.

I have no drive that is inaccessible to me. It was Eraser that could not determine the drive configuration of my computer which is rather new, bought 22nd December 2009. I was stubborn but now the problem is reported to be solved.
Last edited by eraseduser on Sun May 16, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
eraseduser

Postby Joel » Sun May 16, 2010 8:50 am

Did the new build solve the crash?

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby eraseduser » Sun May 16, 2010 11:33 am

Not yet tested.
eraseduser

Postby eraseduser » Sun May 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Joel wrote:Did the new build solve the crash?

Still testing.

I wanted to make Unused disk space E:\ when the following error occured:

Session: Sonntag, 16. Mai 2010 18:41:12
Sonntag, 16. Mai 2010 18:41:12 Error The program does not have the required permissions to erase the unused space on disk. Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation.
eraseduser

Postby DavidHB » Sun May 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation.

Did you?

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby eraseduser » Mon May 17, 2010 3:20 pm

eraseduser wrote:
Joel wrote:Did the new build solve the crash?

Still testing.

I believe, yes.

eraseduser wrote:I wanted to make Unused disk space E:\ when the following error occured:

Session: Sonntag, 16. Mai 2010 18:41:12
Sonntag, 16. Mai 2010 18:41:12 Error The program does not have the required permissions to erase the unused space on disk. Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation.

DavidHB wrote:
Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation.

Did you? David

Windows 7 x64
Eraser_6.0.7.1893

Yes, even though I was told that this should not be necessary. (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6240#p18305)
Unused disk space E:\ completed with errors.
Last edited by eraseduser on Tue May 18, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eraseduser

Postby DavidHB » Mon May 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Were the errors the customary ones (problems accessing files etc.), or were there others in the log?

David
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby eraseduser » Tue May 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Windows 7 x64
Eraser_6.0.7.1893

Customary ones. Running Eraser as Administrator did not solve the problems accessing files etc..
eraseduser

Previous

Return to Eraser Support