Run as administrator

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Run as administrator

Postby Reddave » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:13 pm

When I try to erase unused disk space on my C drive, I get the response, 'completed with errors'

I then get 'Error. The program does not have the required permissions to erase the unused space on disk. Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation.'

When I click 'run as administrator', I still fail get the same failed response.

How can I overcome this please?

Dave Light
Reddave

Re: Run as administrator

Postby Joel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:24 am

Did you exit Eraser (from the system notification area) before running it again as an administrator?
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Guy1234 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:37 pm

I am having the same issue. I have a windows 7 64bit with an i7 processor. I tried to reinsall the program as the admin, I have also tried to run as admin and it does not solve the issue.

I am an administrator on the box but i susspect this is a windows 7 issue as i do not have the problem on my xp box
Guy1234

Postby Joel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Please read my previous message and reply to that. That's always the cause of having seeing no difference when Eraser is started as an administrator. This includes the copy running in the background (in the notification area)
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Reddave » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:34 am

I have just downloaded Eraser on a new computer but it fails to erase unused disc space. I have tried 'run as administrator' but it still fails to erase. Any ideas please?

Dave
Reddave

Postby DavidHB » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Please read the FAQ post "Getting to know Eraser 6" which explains the exact procedure for running Eraser as Administrator, and tells you where to find the task log (in case you have not done so already). If, having followed the procedure, you are still getting error messages (or the program crashes), please could you give details, and we'll take it from there.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Return to Eraser Support