Server Migration

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Server Migration

Postby Joel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 am

I will be migrating the Eraser servers to one new consolidated server over the next few days. The first service to be affected is Trac, one that's settled, I will move the Eraser website proper, then lastly the forum will be moved. Moving the forum is expected to take approximately 1 day. The forum will not be available in that period (the forum will display a disabled message).

Since there is a movement of server and DNS records require updating, after the migration is complete, it may be 2 to 3 days before accessibility to all services are fully restored.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Re: Server Migration

Postby Joel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:09 am

Also, as part of this, I plan on deleting users who have not logged in and who have not posted on the forum to trim the database.

Trac migration is proceeding as I speak.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby william070707 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the update :mrgreen:
william070707

Postby palancar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
palancar

Postby Joel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:41 am

Trac migration is complete. Website migration is almost complete (pending database resync). Forum migration will begin at approximately 0800hrs UTC. The board will be disabled. Subsequently, there will be approximately 3 days of outage while the DNS servers resynchronise.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:00 am

The Website migration is complete. Both Trac and the Eraser website are now sitting on the same server. I will be troubleshooting nightly builds soon (it should work again soon...)

As a reminder: Forums will be taken offline in approximately 1hr.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:39 am

You guys probably can't see this... but I'll write it down anyway.

One server's running all three services now. The server is also accessible via IPv6 (we're participating in World IPv6 day this year! haha) I've got Eraser 6.0 builds to work again, Eraser 6.2 builds are on the way (there's a change in the way things are built with Visual Studio 2010...) and finally I'll skin the forum to match the rest of the website.

Wish me luck, and hope that you guys will be pleasantly surprised when you return...

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Eraser 6.2 builds in the automated build server now. New post in the Beta forum, please read when you guys return.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Server seems to be holding up, having been put through its paces over here. Please remember to update your bookmarks when you return!

I'll be working on the templates for the site soon.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm seeing requests coming to the server, looks like some parts of the world is already seeing our dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 address. So looks like we'll be participating indirectly in World IPv6 day this year!

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm having some problems getting phpBB to work with Eraser's web theme... so I think the forum skin will be delayed by a bit.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby palancar » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Moving along great. Nice work.
palancar

Postby Joel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Seems like forum emails aren't working... I'll look into that.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Email notifications are working again.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:35 am

I've installed the Eraser theme onto the server. To make it your theme, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences and set My board style to eraser.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Next

Return to Eraser Support