Server Migration

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Re: Server Migration

Postby Joel » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:36 am

And please report bugs with the style in this thread.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby DavidHB » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Joel

The new themed version of the Eraser page appears to carry no reference to the Eraser Beta forum. The old version (which I still get after login, as I have not changed my preferences, carries the Beta frum

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby Joel » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:23 pm

You'll have to log in before the beta forum will appear. The idea is not to let beta problems influence the way general users try to fix Eraser problems (because obviously those wouldn't apply...)
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby DavidHB » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Understood. Got it now.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby william070707 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:33 pm

If I found any bugs,sure I will report as shown in the thread :geek:
william070707

Postby DavidHB » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:59 pm

This isn't exactly a bug in the forum, but would it be possible to add a link back to the Eraser home page to the standard site layout? At the moment, you can link from the Eraser site to the forum, but not, I think, vice versa.

David
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby Joel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:17 pm

The big Eraser logo at the top of the page.

I'm thinking of a place to put the Trac/Home Page/Forum buttons (see the home page) but Trac and the Forum has got a Search form which is kinda in the way.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby DavidHB » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:06 pm

Joel wrote:The big Eraser logo at the top of the page.

... and there was me thinking it was just a graphic. Like lots of other people, I guess. In Firefox, if you mouse over a link at the top of the page it is easy to miss the URL at the bottom unless you are looking for it.

More seriously, the link presumably isn't there unless the theme is set to Eraser, which requires digging into user preferences, something I suspect most users will not do. Does phpBB allow you to set eraser as the default theme, at least for new users?

David
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby Joel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:11 pm

New users will default to the Eraser theme; I can do the same for existing users but I figured I'd let them make the switch themselves... unless there is a good reason to do that I think I should let choice prevail :P

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby chuckles1066 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:29 pm

"We'll be back shortly" error message when attempting to access

http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

Something going down in the hood?
chuckles1066

Postby Joel » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Nice catch.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Sun May 27, 2012 11:10 pm

I've also fixed a database bug that was slowing down the forum and the website. I've clicked around and the forum does seem much for snappy now. Do you see it too?

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Previous

Return to Eraser Support