Log Files

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Log Files

Postby jesswright » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Is there a way to export the logs as a txt file? We need to provide the logs to a client, and I'm not seeing a way to export the log data.

Thanks
jesswright

Re: Log Files

Postby DavidHB » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 pm

You can, but it's not obvious.

Start with a blank new text file open in Notepad or whatever, and open the eraser schedule. Right-click on the task to view the log in the usual way. Click on the first entry in the task, then press Ctrl+Shift+End to select the whole log text. Right click on your selection, and you get an option to copy it into the clipboard. You can then paste your selection into the text file.

Note that you may have to copy and paste the last line in the log separately. I think this is a bug; Joel doesn't.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby Joel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:02 am

It is a bug. But it's a bug in the .NET Framework. I've reported this to Microsoft, and they've said they've fixed it, but...
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby DavidHB » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 am

Joel wrote:It is a bug. But it's a bug in the .NET Framework.

Apologies for misremembering.

Joel wrote:I've reported this to Microsoft, and they've said they've fixed it, but...

... and the really annoying thing is that it is still there in the .NET 4 the latest beta builds run on.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Return to Eraser Support