Erasr 6 : Adding a Pseudorandom Erasure Task

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Erasr 6 : Adding a Pseudorandom Erasure Task

Postby Gary2009 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:10 am

Hi ,

I am a Application Packager and i have a requirement to add task to erase "Temporary Internet Files", and the task should run in every user profiles after the application is installed.I have manage to add task by command "addtask -m=bf8ba267-231a-4085-9bf9-204de65a6641 -q -s=restart -d=" %userprofiles%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files" via vbscript but the Erasure method is set to default. kindly let me know how can i set it to “Pseudorandom Data (1pass)”

Please help me with the above issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Gary
Gary2009

Re: Erasr 6 : Adding a Pseudorandom Erasure Task

Postby Joel » Sun May 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Good catch. The command line does not respect the method GUID when specified on the command line. I've opened Trac Ticket #443.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Gary2009 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:56 am

Thanks for your support .

So now is it possible to set the erasure task to "“Pseudorandom Data (1pass)” through a command line or i'll have to wait till the Trac Ticket #443. is resolved :)
Gary2009

Postby Joel » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:37 am

I'd fix it in the coming days; if the fix is urgent you can try a nightly build on our downloads page (I'll state the build to use in the ticket when it's fixed)

Regular nightly build warnings apply.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:42 am

Strange, I'm running build 6.0.10.2731 (see our nightly builds) and I can't reproduce the problem now... can you check if it's solved?

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Gary2009 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:53 am

Hi Team,

We can now set “Pseudorandom Data (1pass)” method via command line. Thanks for the support.

We have a further requiremnt of setting the same task to run on every restart.can this be possible via command line?

Regards,
Gary
Gary2009

Postby Joel » Tue May 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Ah, that's a problem. The run-on-restart tasks now only work for one-time restart tasks.

You might be able to get away with creating a new task via command line and task scheduler.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Return to Eraser Support