Eraser Appears to Have Used Space

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Eraser Appears to Have Used Space

Postby kesher » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:40 pm

I used Eraser to wipe unused space on a harddrive of which there was about 30gb of free space left however after completing the task the harddrive has virtually no free space
kesher

Re: Eraser Appears to Have Used Space

Postby DavidHB » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:28 pm

The task probably did not complete correctly, and the erasing files were not deleted. The FAQ topic "Getting to know Eraser 6" (among others) tells you how to find and delete these files.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby kesher » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 pm

i have looked at The FAQ topic Getting to know Eraser 6 and I can't find the section on how to find and delete the files
kesher

Postby DavidHB » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:58 pm

I beg your pardon. It is towards the end of the "Common Eraser Questions" topic, and has a longish quote in italics.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby kesher » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:20 pm

I have been unable to find the folders to delete mentioned in Common Eraser Questions
kesher

Postby DavidHB » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Which drive were you erasing? Normally, there is a single randomly named folder in the root of that drive; it will have a time stamp of when you did the erase. Just delete it.

David
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Return to Eraser Support