Installing Eraser 6.0.8 over Eraser 6.0.7

Frequently Asked Questions. Check to see that your question has not been answered here before posting in the Support Forum.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Installing Eraser 6.0.8 over Eraser 6.0.7

Postby DavidHB » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:38 am

Following the release of Eraser 6.0.8. a few days ago, it has been found that (in the release build at least), it will not install directly over Version 6.0.7, but produces the error message

"A newer version of Eraser is already installed. Setup will now exit".

Joel has traced the problem to the WiX install file builder, which does not treat the thousands digit in the build number as significant (!).

Until this problem is fixed, the workaround is to uninstall the older version before installing the newer one. If the new version then refuses to start, delete the file Task List.ersx (as described in more detail in the FAQ on Common Erser problems) before trying to run Eraser again.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Re: Installing Eraser 6.0.8 over Eraser 6.0.7

Postby Joel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 pm

More investigation has shown that the minor version component is not included in the version compare. A fix should be out soon (but no ETA as yet)
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Return to Eraser FAQ