320GB SATA drive taking OVER 120hrs?

How do I completely erase my PC?

Moderators: dajhorn, Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

320GB SATA drive taking OVER 120hrs?

Postby mjuevos » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:12 pm

so last night i burnt a DBAN boot disk, booted it up, ran 'AUTONUKE,' left it and went to bed. this morning i woke up 7 hrs later, and its at 5.79%. writing at 3992 kb/s and its stating there's over 116hrs left. correct me if im wrong, but there's no reason for it to take this long correct? i do not have another 116hrs to wait. what are my options? reset the computer and either run it again or just pop in the vista dvd and install a clean version of Vista x64 ---> let vista format the HD?
mjuevos

Re: 320GB SATA drive taking OVER 120hrs?

Postby Overwriter » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi

Just turn off your computer and start it again.

When DBAN boots set the wipe method to a single pass and run it.

A single pseudorandom pass will defeat all software recovery programs and probably cause the NSA some problems too !! :lol:
Want to help Eraser ? Read this. Found a bug in Eraser, please report it here. Eraser FAQ
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Re: 320GB SATA drive taking OVER 120hrs?

Postby Joel » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:11 am

I have the same problem. And I do notice that my CPU load is > 2 (for my dual core, which is a real... weird thing). I think there are issues with the SATA/SCSI driver...

Joel
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Return to DBAN (Dariks Boot and Nuke) Support