[v5] I forgot my Security Password!

Frequently Asked Questions. Check to see that your question has not been answered here before posting in the Support Forum.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

[v5] I forgot my Security Password!

Postby garrett01 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:33 pm

To remove a forgotton password delete the following registry entry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Heidi Computers Ltd\Eraser\PROTECT

Garrett
garrett01

Re: Removing forgotten password.

Postby Baggy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm using eraser 5.8 and using windows vista business. I am unable to find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Heidi Computers Ltd\Eraser\PROTECT in my registry to delete it. What should I try next?

here's what I'm facing, when i boot up I'm prompted for a password which i don't have the answer for, when i attempt to start eraser I'm giving the same challenge window.
Baggy

Postby Baggy » Tue May 06, 2008 7:01 am

Is there anywhere else i can get support on this issue? I have to find out how to reset this password. All my documents are in accessible and I can't use the software. please help!!!
Baggy

Postby garrett01 » Tue May 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Are you certain you have admin access and are using the version of eraser from sourceforge?

Garrett
garrett01

Postby Joel » Fri May 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Baggy wrote:Is there anywhere else i can get support on this issue? I have to find out how to reset this password. All my documents are in accessible and I can't use the software. please help!!!

If your documents are inaccessible because of the dialog then obviously it is not an Eraser dialog. Eraser's password dialog should not prevent you from accessing your own files.

Joel
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Return to Eraser FAQ