I suggest using a new future... (format and wipe unused spac

Discuss proposed patches here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

I suggest using a new future... (format and wipe unused spac

Postby fraant » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:39 pm

I have tested the 5.86a version... this is a great software....

I suggest to add a new function... FORMAT and wipe unused space...

so first you can format the usb drive or floppy drive.... thank tou can wipe unused space, so the device i surely cleaned!

I did a test about adding this function, and it was very simple... to develop...

i'm waiting for you..

like in previous email i can confirm that the "wiping unused sapce" in FAT 12 does not work properly.... i thnk there was a little bit confusion about FAT 12 and FAT16 data area Starting...

wishes

FraAnt
fraant

Re: I suggest using a new future... (format and wipe unused spac

Postby Overwriter » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:39 am

Hi fraant :D

I am so glad you have come back to the forum ! :D

I noticed your original post some time ago but unfortunately the forum seemed to loose 2 days worth of posts and yours was lost.

I even started a thread explaining what had happened and asking to you post back.

https://bbs.heidi.ie/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5345

Joel will probably answer your questions here, are you interested in helping with Eraser V6 ?
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby fraant » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:45 pm

Nice to meet you again...

Yes, i'm interested in developing and supporting version 6....

But a little question... why c#? i think that c++ dll with .net interface is a very good coiche link in version 5.x......

i'm waiting for you.....
FraAnt
fraant

Postby Overwriter » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi Glad to see that you came back ! :D

I was worried that you might have thought your account and post had been deleted or something because you had claimed to have found a fault with Eraser.

This of course was not the case and never would be as we welcome “bug finders” here. As it seems the forum must have just crashed so I am glad you made the effort to return.

As for the C# apposed to C++ question Joel wanted to re-write Eraser from scratch and make it in the simplest way so other people such as yourself could contribute easier and also make plug-ins.

I am really pleased to learn that you are interested in helping write Eraser V6. Up until now I believe Joel has been the only chap writing code and he has other commitments such as school etc. You will need to talk to him to make certain he is happy with the idea and that you are able to code to his standards etc.

Well fraant I hope you will be able to help the project and I look forward to seeing how your bug fix progress’s !!! :)

Just out of interest where in the world are you from ?
Want to help Eraser ? Read this. Found a bug in Eraser, please report it here. Eraser FAQ
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby fraant » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:54 pm

!!!!
yesterday i answered you question and today the reply was canceled!!

i think there's a technical problem...

So..
i'm from italy. i'm experienced in programming pda ..wm6std and wm6pro usually i write code in c++ with .net interface..

thanks
FraAnt
fraant

Postby Overwriter » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:24 am

Hi FraAnt

yesterday i answered you question and today the reply was canceled!!

I am sorry to hear that. :(

Please just hang in there. If your account or post ever seems to disappear please come back. There has obviously been a problem with the forum software. :wink:

I believe you could be a valuable asset to Eraser and I would be disappointed if you should be lost.

Joel has been away for quite some time recently which is unfortunate. Please wait until he returns.

Meanwhile you can view the V6 progress here.

http://eraser.heidi.ie/trac/
Want to help Eraser ? Read this. Found a bug in Eraser, please report it here. Eraser FAQ
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby fraant » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:42 pm

Dear Overwriter

many thanks for your attention.

i'll wait for joel return..

in the next days i'll take a look at eraser 6 progress job...
wishes fraant
fraant

Postby Overwriter » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi fraant :D

It is unfortunate that you arrived here at the time you did. This must be the longest time Joel has been absent since he arrived here ! :(

Just unlucky I guess but I am sure he will come back soon.

Please keep checking back. :wink:

Thanks.
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:41 am

HELLO.

I am back. After many examination papers... with one more to go so I'll make this snappy (will have to rush off soon).

• In 6.1/6.2 the roadmap is to allow live erasure. Like a DBAN from Windows. So in that case I believe that formatting before erasure isn't going to be necessary.
  • Forum was (and still is) cranky after a server move and an accidental screw-up on my part, trying to get Trac to work. Now I hear it's other issues...
  • C# was chosen because we couldn't find many C++/MFC programmers.
  • And also because the C++ code was old and hackish. A fresh start was warranted.
  • I've actually got Kaz (cjax on SF) but he's studying too
  • And before we get more programmers (both of us are already slow enough) I think you can make a contribution now by submitting patches first. Let us get v6 off the ground, then we'll look for more maintainers.

Sorry for the uber brief reply.

Joel
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Return to Eraser Programming