Control key to run tasks

Discuss proposed patches here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Control key to run tasks

Postby joe935 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:26 pm

I just installed version 6.0.7.183. I Have been using Version 5 for several years.
In Version 5 I had a control function (Ctrl + Alt + R) which would run a task I had set up to delete files in a folder.
I can not find that function in Version 6. Am I missing it or is it just not available?
If its not available will it be in the future?
Thanks
Don't Force it, Use a bigger hammer!
joe935

Re: Control key to run tasks

Postby Joel » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Yup, please create a ticket in Trac. It's not currently implemented.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby joe935 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks for the response, Joel.
I just tried to post in Trac, but it will not let me log in with the ID i use here.
Could I ask you to post it for me?
Thanks
joe935

Postby Joel » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:48 pm

You'll need to create a new account for Trac; the Trac and forum accounts aren't synced.

I'd rather you create the ticket so that you can track it in future.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby joe935 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Ok Joel I am trying to register at Trac but it is not sending the verification email.
How long should it take to get the email
i even requested another email.
joe935

Postby DavidHB » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:10 pm

I have created the ticket (with acknowledgement to Joe), in case there is further difficulty. But I do hope Joe persists in his efforts to join; there is a lot of interesting information in Trac, not least because it is the place to learn how Eraser is developing.

The email may have fallen foul of a spam blocker; it is worth checking in the spam folder.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby joe935 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:25 pm

David I have even tried changing the email address to gmail and i am still not getting the verification ticket.
I have no spam filters for the origional email i was using.
Although the app says an email was sent it should be verified that an actual email IS being sent.
Thanks
PS I don't even get an email that tells me my address has been changed>
joe935

Postby DavidHB » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Sorry that you've had so much trouble; as I'm not on the Eraser Team, there's not much I can do about the server. But at least your request is agreed by Joel, and is in Trac.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby Joel » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:51 am

I've informed the server admin to rectify the problem. Thanks.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby joe935 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:38 am

Thanks Joel, Admin must be on vacation, because I still cant get an email from Trac. I just tried again a minute ago.
joe935

Postby DavidHB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:17 am

It could be that they just don't work weekends. Irish weekends, that is ... :)

David
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby Joel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:01 pm

Garrett seemed to have fixed it because I got Trac notifications yesterday.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby joe935 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:57 pm

I hate to say it but, Somebody up there don't like me. I requested another email 5 minutes ago and still havent got an email.
joe935

Postby DavidHB » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:48 am

Joel has now accepted this task in Trac, to be implemented in Version 6.2. Details in this link.

David
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby joe935 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:05 pm

That's great. Looking forward to the implementation. Thanks all
joe935

Next

Return to Eraser Programming