6.0.8 Recurring Tasks Run Only Once

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

6.0.8 Recurring Tasks Run Only Once

Postby jw113 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:08 pm

I've had this problem with 6.0.7 b1893 and upgrading to 6.0.8 b2273 hasn't solved it. I'm running Win7 Pro x64, with Eraser started at logon via an elevated CMD prompt.

I have a Recurring Task set to run daily. It runs successfully the first time after Eraser is started, but doesn't run again, though the scheduler says it is set to run. Example: my system was booted on the 5th, and Eraser's task did run on the 6th. It's now the 9th, but the Recurring Task list shows the task set to run on the 7th (with status Completed.)

If I Open Eraser from the system tray and view the log for the task I've never seen any log entries shown (at Informational and higher), though the drop-down session list does have an entry showing each day the task has run. (And the gaps in the session list show clearly the many days the task has not run).

What might be wrong here?

Thanks.
jw113

Re: 6.0.8 Recurring Tasks Run Only Once

Postby Joel » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks - I've noticed this too but couldn't corroborate my observation. Could you please file a bug? It appears that recurring tasks only run once per session.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby jw113 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Is there a problem with the Trac account creation system? I created a Trac account, but I still haven't received the confirmation email that will let me create a ticket. I've tried giving it 3 different email addresses, include a Gmail address.
jw113

Postby DavidHB » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:05 pm

This seems to be a continuing problem. Garrett, whose server this is, can find nothing wrong, but reports like yours keep recurring. It's very mysterious.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Postby jw113 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Well, Garrett now has a reproducible case to work with, so maybe it's time to solve the mystery?
jw113

Postby Joel » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Well, he doesn't have a reproduce case I guess... and I'm not sure of his server setup, it's all really complicated from my POV.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby jw113 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:24 pm

The Trac problem is reproducible in the sense that my attempt to receive a confirmation email has now failed 4/4 times (I just tried another Gmail address which doesn't contain any puncuation), so it would seem that I can create a failure on demand.

Perhaps someone else can submit a ticket for the recurring task bug?

Thanks.
jw113

Postby Joel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Yeah I know where you're coming from, and I also know his point of view... it sucks. Anyway, yeah I'll document it as a bug.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Please discuss all items related to this bug at http://eraser.heidi.ie/trac/ticket/387. I will lock this thread to prevent cross-correspondence.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Return to Eraser Support