Updater displays Open With screen

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Updater displays Open With screen

Postby gwbender » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:46 pm

After downloading the 6.0.8.2273 version via the find updates option in Help, an Open With panel appears and expects me to choose a program to use to open the download and install it. This is happening on all my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit systems. Suggestions?
gwbender

Re: Updater displays Open With screen

Postby DavidHB » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 am

That update function does not seem to be working well. I'd uninstall your current version of Eraser, and download 6.0.8. directly from the Eraser downloads page, and install that. If you get into difficulties then, we're on more familiar territory, and can probably give better help.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Re: Updater displays Open With screen

Postby Joel » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:32 am

I remember this bug being fixed recently... so it will only be fixed in 6.0.9
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Return to Eraser Support