some problems i am getting

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

some problems i am getting

Postby zsychic » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:55 pm

hello when i installed the program everything went smooth, but i got a file named updatedrv. and my virus scanner went off saying it is a virus anyone else getting that error
zsychic

Re: some problems i am getting

Postby Joel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:32 am

That doesn't seem to be a file from Eraser. What were you doing at the point in time?
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby GregM » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:46 pm

It's a hijacker. spyware-net
Last edited by GregM on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GregM

Postby zsychic » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:57 pm

i downloaded the program from the website and after it was installed i got it. i am on a fresh install of windows, and eraser was the first program i downloaded
zsychic

Postby Joel » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:55 pm

Where did you download Eraser from?
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby zsychic » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:28 pm

i downloaded it from http://eraser.heidi.ie/
zsychic

Postby Joel » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Right-click the file, click on Properties, go to the Digital Signatures tab. Take a screenshot and upload it here please.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby zsychic » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:40 am

zsychic

Postby Joel » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Then the source of the malware is not from Eraser and probably already in your operating system before Eraser was installed. Your binary is correct -- no one else has reported anything like that.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Return to Eraser Support