Recycle Bin question

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Recycle Bin question

Postby optimabrands » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi,

I want to know when I open Eraser and go to add data then set

Target type: Recycle Bin

Is that mean that I am going to delete Recycle bin permamently or what?

Thanks
optimabrands

Re: Recycle Bin question

Postby Joel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Yes, the target is the data you want to erase.

The data is not actually erased until the task is run. You can do that by right-clicking the task and select Run Task, or Ctrl-Alt-R on the selected task.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby optimabrands » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Joel wrote:Yes, the target is the data you want to erase.

The data is not actually erased until the task is run. You can do that by right-clicking the task and select Run Task, or Ctrl-Alt-R on the selected task.

So if I click to erase, Target: Recycle Bin, it will erase my recycle bin permamently or unused space in recycle bin?

Thanks
optimabrands

Postby Joel » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:27 pm

There is no such thing as "unused space in the recycle bin." The recycle bin stores files which you want to delete. Emptying the recycle bin deletes those files for real.

Erasing the recycle bin erases the files, instead of deleting them.
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby optimabrands » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Joel wrote:There is no such thing as "unused space in the recycle bin." The recycle bin stores files which you want to delete. Emptying the recycle bin deletes those files for real.

Erasing the recycle bin erases the files, instead of deleting them.

So there is no need to erase recycle bin becuse files deleted from recycle bin can`t be recovered with some kind of program for recover?
optimabrands

Postby Joel » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Files deleting from the recycle bin will act like files deleted anywhere else, that scanning the empty space of the disk will reveal what the contents were. You'll still have to erase the files even if they went to the recycle bin if you want their contents to be irrecoverable.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby optimabrands » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Joel wrote:Files deleting from the recycle bin will act like files deleted anywhere else, that scanning the empty space of the disk will reveal what the contents were. You'll still have to erase the files even if they went to the recycle bin if you want their contents to be irrecoverable.

Ok,
how can I erase the files (with Eraser) what are already deleted from recycle bin (with empty the recycle bin)?
optimabrands

Postby Joel » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Use an Unused Space Erase. I think the documentation details the steps required quite well.

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Return to Eraser Support