Pbm with file's permissions even with administrator

Please post your support questions here.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Pbm with file's permissions even with administrator

Postby evildemon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:29 am

Hi, whatever I wanna erase in the recycle bin, eraser can't and I can see in the task log: Error The file C:\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-860417952-3313828756-1761413876-1000\$RA0ZOBM\jsprofilerui.dll.mui could not be erased because the file's permissions prevent access to the file.
I have Windows vista and i have administrator priviledges. I tried with UAC enabled and disabled, and always had the same error message. I really don't know what to do now. Thanks for helping me.
evildemon

Re: Pbm with file's permissions even with administrator

Postby william070707 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:48 am

Make sure your Folder Options are set to 'Show hidden files and folders' and uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files'
Use the Vista Search located in the start orb; under Advanced Search, make sure 'Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files' option is checked.
Search for 'recycle' --- the first result that should show up will be a folder named '$Recycle.Bin'
Right click and press delete '$Recycle.Bin' then click OK or Allow to all the prompts.
The files that were locked by Recycle bin should now be deleted, you can run the Wipe Free Space option in Eraser to make sure they are gone from your hard drive. :D
william070707

Postby evildemon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Wow! You rock! Now it works like a charm, thank you so much!
I would never find this alone and thanks to you now error has gone.
Keep up the good advice!
evildemon

Postby DavidHB » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Thanks from me too. This issue (which is really more of a Windows issue than an Eraser problem) has long been a bugbear, and you describe the solution well.

David
I am not an Eraser programmer, but a long-time user; my views may not be the same as those of the Eraser programming team.
Before posting, please read the top 4 topics in the Eraser FAQ, which already provide many of the answers users need.
DavidHB
Eraser Wizard

Return to Eraser Support