Eraser 5.85 BETA 4

Eraser updates will be posted to this forum.

Moderators: Eraser DevTeam, Eraser Moderators

Eraser 5.85 BETA 4

Postby Joel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:56 am

Same Beta rules apply.

x64 (64-bit): http://eraser.sourceforge.net/Eraser585Beta4_x64.exe
x86 (32-bit): http://eraser.sourceforge.net/Eraser585Beta4_x86.exe

What's fixed?

TBH. I'm not sure. I think it's just one of the later bugs... If no problems are found with this release I'll check to see if 5.85 final can be release tomorrow.

Joel
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Overwriter » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:00 pm

Joel wrote:What's fixed? TBH. I'm not sure.

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for yet another release !

I will have a play with this tonight, anybody else want to Beta test too ?
Want to help Eraser ? Read this. Found a bug in Eraser, please report it here. Eraser FAQ
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby jackjack » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:06 pm

Overwriter wrote: anybody else want to Beta test too ?

I have had a busy few days, didn't get to look at beta3, but should hopefully be able to test out beta4 tomorrow.

I'm setting up a virtual machine so I can do destructive tests (if the need arises) with out the hassle of rebuilding
jackjack

Postby Overwriter » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:31 pm

XP Pro SP2

Installed ok.
Uninstalled ok (even took eraser.dll out).

Version number on install page and about page was different to setup.exe name. (don’t think this is a problem though, I just want to make sure this is the correct release).

Setup.exe Beta 4
About and installer page 5.85 Beta2

All ok so far for me. Still more testing to do though !

Has the ISAAC PRNG bug been fixed in this release ?
Want to help Eraser ? Read this. Found a bug in Eraser, please report it here. Eraser FAQ
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Joel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:51 pm

Nope. the dude presented his fix in pseudocode, It's a (too) big undertaking to change that into C++.

Joel
Be sure to read the FAQ before posting. If you found this application useful, please contribute to Eraser's development.

I develop Eraser but I am not an employee of Heidi Computers Ltd. My views do not represent those of Heidi Computers Ltd.
Don't PM or Email me questions: they won't be answered any faster than on the forum and knowledge won't be accessible by all.
Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Postby jackjack » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:59 am

All looking good. Apart from one thing, I uninstalled beta2 and deleted every .ers file I could find. Rebooted and installed beta4. Once again it had my Scheduler entries in it :)

So where does eraser look for saved .ers files?
jackjack

Postby Overwriter » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 am

Joel wrote:Nope. the dude presented his fix in pseudocode, It's a (too) big undertaking to change that into C++.

Oh dear, I was kind of hoping this would have been a little easier than it appears to be. It is quite an important feature particularly considering plausible deniability for Truecrypt users.

Well at least you have made massive improvements on all the other bugs !
:wink:
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Overwriter » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:26 am

Hi jackjack :)

I PM’d you some time ago asking if you could take a look at this thread and close it if it is solved.

Could you take a look please, so all bugs can be ticked off as solved.

Thanks.
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby jackjack » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:49 am

Overwriter wrote:Hi jackjack :)

I PM’d you some time ago

Oh look at that I havea PM :)

Overwriter wrote:Could you take a look please, so all bugs can be ticked off as solved.

It's on my listof things to check, just havn't had a chance yet.
jackjack

Postby Overwriter » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:02 am

:lol: Thank you.
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby Overwriter » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:27 pm

Right clicking on a full recycle bin and selecting “Erase recycle bin (Random)” gives me an error message.

Sorry. :(
Overwriter
Eraser DevTeam

Postby ogy73 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:48 pm

Overwriter wrote:Right clicking on a full recycle bin and selecting “Erase recycle bin (Random)” gives me an error message.

Sorry. :(

Confirm.

Goodbye the very best, old (v5.7) recycle bin menu. :cry:
ogy73

Postby Joel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:23 am

Dude it's a beta what do you expect? I'll fix it later in the day (just recompile the set up after fixing the registry reference)

Joel

Joel
Eraser DevTeam

Return to Eraser Update Alerts