Here are the reviews for Version 5, collected over the last 5 years.
- June: Reviewed on www.sourcetrunk.com. Podcast aired on the 6th of June 2007.
- May: Included on Cover CD of Computerbild
- May: Included on Featured Cover DVD included with Windows XP Made Easy magazine
- November: Included on Cover CD of Chip Magazine Germany
- October: Included on Covermount CD of PC Professionale Italy
- September: Included on Covermount CD of Computerbild
- October: Included on Covermount CD of Windows XP Made Easy magazine
- October: Included on Covermount CD of www.com-magazin.de
- May: PC Japan - mentioned in the magazine and bundled on CD.
- February: PC Japan - mentioned in the magazine and bundled on CD.
- January: PC Magazine - Greece - included on bundled CD.
- January: c't magazine - included on their CD ROM.
- November: Windows Adviser, published by Agora Publications - included on CD
- September: Mentioned in c't magazine and included on their CD ROM.
- September 27: Mentioned in the Wall Street Journal
- September 8: Recommendation in New York Times
- September: Reviewed and included on CD Rom of hjemmePC (Norway) and pchemma (Sweden)
- September: Included on CD Rom distributed by softonic.com
- August 7 2005: Mentioned in the Los Angeles Times
- July: Included in Computerbild Italia's CD-ROM.
- July 3: Mentioned in Sunday Times Online UK. Don't Panic, 3 July 2005
- June: Included in PC Magazine Greece CD-ROM
- May/June: Included in PC Magazine Italia's CD-ROM.
- May: Included in a Polish Computer Magazine's CD-ROM - Komputerswiat
- Apr: Included in Computerbild CD ROM and reviewed in their magazine
- Feb: Included on CD ROM of PC Open Magazine, Italy
- Jan: Eraser appeared in PC Magazine, Japan
- Dec: 'Computer Hoy' awards Eraser first place. Outright winner when compared with Jetico BCWipe v.3, O&O Software Safe Erase 2.0, Cypherix Securelt, Paragon Technolgie Disk Wiper 5.5 and Ontrack
- November: Winner of Chip Magazine's 'Best File Shredder Award'
- October: Eraser appears in Fayeteeville Observer, Monday, October 25, 2004
- August: Included on CD ROM of magazine for a German Publishing House Verlagsgruppe mbH
- August-Oct: Included on CD ROM of Computerwoche
- August: Mentioned in PC World Magazine
- Jul: Reviewed in Computerbild Magazine (Germany)
- June: Reviewed and included on Softonic's CD-Rom distribution
- February: Eraser is selected by participants in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup as a 2004 Pricelessware pick
- February: Eraser is included in the cover mount CD of PC Professionale magazine
- January: Eraser on the Service disk bundled with PC World Italia Magazine
- October: Recommended by The Screen Savers at TechTV
- July: PC Mag Editors’ Choice Award
- July 16: Mentioned on AOL's homepage
- June: Eraser gets a mention on SecurityFocus.com.
- April: Microsoft Windows XP - The Official Magazine came with a CD named "File management & organization kit" which included Eraser
- April: PC World New Zealand
- March: The Small Business Technology Magazine wrote a short review entitled The Best Things in Life Are Free
- February: Eraser gets a mention on onwisconsin.com
- February: TechTV recommends Eraser as an Ultimate Data Destruction tool
- February: PC Advisor Tips & Tricks
- January: Rochester Democrat and Chronicle - Rochester NY
- January: Eraser gets a mention on USA Today
- January: PCPro - Page 170: Article highlighting the Gutmann Method used by Eraser
- JanuaryArticle on Eraser in Download DX Magazine - Japan Written in Japanese
Eraser 5.8.8-beta1 released!
Eraser 5.8.8-beta1 has been released, fixing a few bugs regarding the context menu extension. See the full announcement
Eraser 5.8.7 released!
Eraser 5.8.7 stable is finally released after being too long in the making! This version brings with it Unicode changes, allowing the erasure of file names containing non English characters as well as the Portable distribution being a supported distribution. See the full announcement.
Eraser 6-rc5 released!
Having written almost 25,000 lines of code since the start of our project, v6 was due for a code review. So that's what I did, reviewed the code with the help of a static code analysis tool (FxCop for you developers out there :) ) and fixed all sorts of inconsistencies in the code. This should result in slightly higher performance and better behaviour when Eraser is in use. See the full announcement.