Compatibility with Drivecrypt (Scramdisk)

Scott K. Smith

I am currently using Drivecrypt with Win98SE.
(I believe Drivecrypt is basically a commercial, updated version of Scramdisk with a WAY better user interface.)
While I have absolutely NO problems with Eraser when used alone, if I ever attempt to erase the recycle bin while an encrypted volume is mounted I get a rather spectacular computer crash with MULTIPLE (like 50 to 100 or more error messages telling me I cannot erase a file in a mounted container.

3 Questions:

1. Is there any way around this?

2. Are there any plans for a future fix to allow
erasing of these files?

3. Should I simply not worry since in order to recover
a DELETED file in a container one must obviously have
the password to mount it, and there would, therefore, be no
security problem?

quote:Originally posted by Scott K. Smith
I get a rather spectacular computer crash with MULTIPLE (like 50 to 100 or more error messages telling me I cannot erase a file in a mounted container.You are not getting this error from Eraser, you may want to contact DriveCrypt support instead.
quote:2. Are there any plans for a future fix to allow erasing of these files?Eraser doesnt care where the file you want to erase is stored, feel free to erase anything you want.
quote:3. Should I simply not worry since in order to recover a DELETED file in a container one must obviously have the passwordIn my opinion, erasing files from an encrypted container is useless (for several reasons). However, you may still want to contact DriveCrypt about the system crash.

Back