Downloading Problems

Judi

I just downloaded Eraser and it is not appearing anywhere. It appeared to go through the download process asked if I wanted to run the program - I said no. Can someone please help?

I should know better than to use a site like this who has no customer support!!!!

Someone recommended this software as THE BEST in the industry for wiping a disk. Surely at this point I would not be able to provide the same testimonial.

Judi said:
I just downloaded Eraser and it is not appearing anywhere. It appeared to go through the download process asked if I wanted to run the program - I said no. Can someone please help?

I should know better than to use a site like this who has no customer support!!!!

Someone recommended this software as THE BEST in the industry for wiping a disk. Surely at this point I would not be able to provide the same testimonial.

Why do you say there is no customer support? Did you not click on the Support link on their main page to find the support information? This forum is one of the forms of support available, and is free to the user, as is the program. I'm curious as to how much support (which costs money to the developer) you would expect when the developers receive no income from the program.

As for how good the program is, you can research it on the net if you aren't convinced with your friend's recommendation.

As to your inability to find the download, where did you save the file to? Did you not make a note of that when the Save dialogue opened up in your web browser?

If you actually did download the file and don't know where it is, Go to Start>Search and enter erasersetup in the box and search for all or part of a filename. Or you can start again, going to the Eraser home page in the link below, click on the Download link, and on the download page select either the 32 bit or 64 bit version depending on your system. That will take you to the Sourceforge page, and when you get a popup box asking if you want to run or save the file click Save and browse to the directory you wish to save it to and also make a note of where you put it.

Regards,

JoeB

Regards,

JoeB

Customer ? What did you purchase ? Also what makes you think there is no help here ?

Jberaser has kindly taken the time to help you and you say there is no support here !

You may be no wiser, but you have at least been well informed. :lol:

Back