If your Outlook emails are missing, here are some steps you can follow to find emails missing from Outlook:
- Use the search function in Outlook to look for the missing email. In the search box at the top of the screen, enter the subject, sender, or any other keyword related to the email you're looking for. If the email is still in your inbox or another folder, it should appear in the search results.
- Check your filters to see if they are set up to move emails to a different folder. To do this, click on the "Filter Email" option in the ribbon at the top of the screen. Check if any of the filters are active and if they might be causing the missing email to be moved to another folder.
- Emails can accidentally get marked as spam and end up in the junk mail folder. Check your junk mail folder to see if the missing email is there. If you find it, right-click on the email and select "Not Junk" to move it back to your inbox.
- It's possible that the missing email was accidentally deleted. Check the Deleted Items folder to see if the email is there. If it is, right-click on the email and select "Move" > "Inbox" or another folder to move it back to your inbox.
- If you have set up automatic archiving of your emails, your missing email might be in the archive folder. Check the archive folder to see if the email is there.
- Your Outlook profile settings may be causing the missing email. Check your profile settings to ensure that your emails are not set to automatically delete after a certain time.