Minor issues

slipaway

Joel,

So far with the new stable version 6, it seems to be working pretty good.

System is

Vista 64 Business
8GB RAM
Eraser 6.0.6.1376

I did have one crash when I used the context menu to erase the recycle bin. Also, when exiting Eraser from the tray bar it does end the process but the icon remains as if the program had crashed. It disappears when one hovers the mouse over it.

I was wondering, is it possible to keep the checkbox options for the settings, as in version 5 to delete clusters, erase the MFT etc? Also, it would be nice to have that feedback when erasing the recycle bin. Sometimes I delete large files and it would be good to monitor progress and results as in version 5.

I can confirm that deletion of the files in the MFT for a FAT32 external driver worked flawlessly. Recuva is finding ZERO files after erasing the table!

Finally, unlike some other unappreciative jerks I've see on here lately, I do appreciate very much that you are handling all this on your own without compensation. I find it extremely rude that some would make demands and harass you for a program that is not perfect, while they are contributing nothing. I wish people would grow up and offer a thanks for a doing a very difficult job on your own time for the benefit of the community. Cheers Joel!

slipaway said:
I did have one crash when I used the context menu to erase the recycle bin. Also, when exiting Eraser from the tray bar it does end the process but the icon remains as if the program had crashed. It disappears when one hovers the mouse over it.
Hmm, that problem is back to haunt me :) I didn't know what I did but it seemed to have decreased in frequency; I'll do some testing today and see if I can get it to crash again.

slipaway said:
I was wondering, is it possible to keep the checkbox options for the settings, as in version 5 to delete clusters, erase the MFT etc?
It's in the Add Data dialog; when you create a new task in Eraser and in the Add Data dialog you can specify whether you want cluster tips to be erased. I do agree that the context menu interface is rather limited at the moment since context menus and the Eraser program are written in different languages (and we aren't allowed to mix them) so we're depending on a rather workaround manner to implement context menus. I guess we should gather information about what is considered "good" in terms of context menu UI.

Community, please contribute ideas!

slipaway said:
Also, it would be nice to have that feedback when erasing the recycle bin. Sometimes I delete large files and it would be good to monitor progress and results as in version 5.
Open the main Eraser program, double click on the running task. I did mention somewhere else that the progress dialog will be undergoing an overhaul in 6.2; but that's in the pretty distant future (a lot of things need to be rewritten)

slipaway said:
I can confirm that deletion of the files in the MFT for a FAT32 external driver worked flawlessly. Recuva is finding ZERO files after erasing the table!
Thank you, glad my effort was worth it.

Thanks for your encouragement!
Joel

Back