Now what do I do

pk

I'm a novice here. I installed (I think) Eraser Setup 32 and it is sitting on my desktop. Having installed the program a"scheduling" window opened which wasn't mentioned in any of the guides. I have a little icon on the task bar which when I right click on it comes up with "preferences" which also wasn't includes in any of the stuff I read in the pcmag or the 'get started' section on the main page .

I want to clean the 'unused space on drive'.

Will something just happen automatically if I leave the laptop on?

pk said:
I'm a novice here. I installed (I think) Eraser Setup 32 and it is sitting on my desktop. Having installed the program a"scheduling" window opened which wasn't mentioned in any of the guides. I have a little icon on the task bar which when I right click on it comes up with "preferences" which also wasn't includes in any of the stuff I read in the pcmag or the 'get started' section on the main page .

I want to clean the 'unused space on drive'.

Will something just happen automatically if I leave the laptop on?
firstly, what version of Eraser have you installed? Just checking it's the latest version.

As for using Eraser, the help file is quite comprehensive, it's accessible from the main Eraser screen. I suggest you do not use Eraser until you have read how to use it.

I have the scheduler option disabled. As far as I can remember it schedules the program to run a free space wipe every day.

5.68a. How do i get the Help menu? When I click on the setup icon on the desktop then we go through the install wizard process and I get a question whether to repair or uninstall.

pk said:
5.68a. How do i get the Help menu? When I click on the setup icon on the desktop then we go through the install wizard process and I get a question whether to repair or uninstall.
After you install Eraser 5.86a look at the top left corner of the software it says File Edit Task View Help . Click on help, you will see Help Topics About Eraser. Click on Help Topics.

Thanks Carver, that worked. I read in the Q & A section that Temp Internet Files are not cleaned with Eraser. Any recommendations for XP with Explorer 7?

Back