(Please change) Right-Click 'Eraser Secure Move' - v5.8

Abraxas

Some lovely things been added so I definitely am not ungrateful.

However, the right-click 'Eraser Secure Move' is a serious bummer on one count. It's a lovely feature but its shortcut key is 'M' - the same shortcut key that is used for standard by the Windows right-click 'Rename' option. I'm so in the habit of using the 'm' for that I've had to uninstall v5.8 for now; it just interferes too much.

Please, please, please change the key.

How about 'V'? Its not occupied by any Windows standard right-click context menu in Explorer.

Strange

I have never heard of anyone renaming a file using the M key when it's so easy to click a file's name or press F2 to rename. Strange.

Hi 4yse90

I would understand that different people do things in different ways. I use the keyboard because:

a) I can type and find that far faster than using the mouse.
b) I have a ThinkPad and it has an additional 'key' on the keyboard that allows the user to emulate mouse right-clicks (so I don't necessarily need the mouse for the click).
d) For typing, the longer the 'stretch' the less convient the key is to press - the way I do it now is easier for me than pressing 'F2'.
e) Pure habit picked up over the years. Difficult to over-ride, at least to begin with.

I would, though, also note that it could be said that when coding a programmer should as much as possible 'respect' commonly held 'key combinations' (like, within an operating system) and their functions. If they don't then this kind of thing happens. The alternative to that is to allow users a customisation choice.

Look at it this way - would you be saying what you're saying if the rapid multiple clicks on the filename or the 'F2' functionality were over-ridden by a program? Probably not.

Abraxas said:
I would, though, also note that it could be said that when coding a programmer should as much as possible 'respect' commonly held 'key combinations' (like, within an operating system) and their functions. If they don't then this kind of thing happens. The alternative to that is to allow users a customisation choice.
That would be a good idea, to have a configuration file (a .txt file) with binds so that you could assign shortcut keys to any function. Your programs that you use at present my use certain shortcut keys.

Back