Some files don't delete and don't bring up errors

yic

Using Eraser 6.2.0.2986 (which I am guessing is the latest stable version... is it? The download page doesn't indicate) and I was running an erase task on a folder 180GB in size with multiple complex subfolder paths. At first I got a bunch of errors in the log saying some paths are too long. Took care of that and ran the job again with no errors. However, the parent folder and some of the folder structure still remains for some perplexing reason, containing files that don't seem to follow any logical explanation; a word file here, a JScript file there. The folder is down to 0 bytes, though the word files are in two-digit KB sizes. If I run the task again, it just says complete and nothing changes. I tried placing the folder into another folder, same thing. Digging around, I fond that all of these files have paths that are longer than 256 characters, though they brought up no errors. I found them manually (using voidtools Everything, for those curious), shortened them, ran the task again, and this time everything was removed. Just curious if this is a software bug or what was going on.

Last edited:
Back