Starting with Windows

Mr Wolf

Hi! I don't need Eraser to start with Windows, and I have too many icons in my systray! But... I couldn't find any option to prevent it!
So... the only way is from msconfig, right?

As matters stand, you have to let it start with Windows, or it won't work. There is a planned change to make this unnecessary. At least the running process does not seem to hog system resources. If you are running Vista or Windows 7, you can hide the icon, but you do need it to stop the running process if, for example, you want to re-start the program as Administrator.

This issue has come up many times; you will find further details in the FAQ and in other support posts.

David

Hi! Many thanks for your fast answer! I was looking in the manual, though, 'cause it doesn't allow me to search the forum (if I search "boot", "start", "windows", it says they're common words)
I'm using Windows XP Professional SP3, and I need to use Eraser only sometimes
Can I disable it from booting? Or it's "dangerous", Eraser will not work well, I don't know

Eraser will most likely work, just start it before you use the context menu. The main problem with not starting Eraser with Windows is that the Context menu extension seems to have problems with initiating its own copy of Eraser.

Joel said:
Eraser will most likely work, just start it before you use the context menu. The main problem with not starting Eraser with Windows is that the Context menu extension seems to have problems with initiating its own copy of Eraser.

You mean when you right click on a file and choose to erase it? It seems to work well

Go ahead and disable it if it works for you, then...

That's what I did!
snob.png
:lol:

By the way, is it possible to keep the window maximized when starting Eraser? It's annoying! :wink:

Hmm, not at the moment. But you can put this up to Trac and I may implement it in 6.2

Back