Stealthy Update to Eraser - v5.6a

Alzone

This is mainly for those of us who downloaded v5.6 just after it was released (Dec.16 2002), I was just poking around on Sourceforge and I noticed this in regards to the latest version of Eraser that is available from there:

Release Name: Eraser56
Notes: V5.6a 19-Jan-2003 Very minor upgrade - Just reinstall Many thanks to Steven Michael for the cool new icons. Much appreciated. DBAN is now wrapped in a winimage self extractor. This will make things easier for those who prefer GUI apps. Fixed a few typos in the installer
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes: V5.6a 19-Jan-2003 Very minor upgrade - Just reinstall Many thanks to Steven Michael for the cool new icons. Much appreciated. DBAN is now wrapped in a winimage self extractor. This will make things easier for those who prefer GUI apps. Fixed a few typos in the installer.

So basically regardless of what is mentioned on the Download section of this Eraser website, the current version is in fact v5.6a rather than v5.6. Of course this update may have been mentioned on the newsletter, however as I do not subscribe to it, I am none the wiser.

Oh one other thing, I regret to inform you all that the toolbar icons on v5.6a are still the same as v5.6, ie. out of whack with their actual functions. They really need to be fixed [;)]

Back