USB STICK DELETED ACCIDENTLY BY ERASE SCHEDULE

goopstar

Dear Sirs,

Recently I have deleted a few old hard drives by using a usb cable. I used a specific usb dirve (G). In Eraser I configured that each drive that is deletion is scheduled daily. I made the configuration like that becase in that way I do have to swith the program on every time I start the computer a hard drive is connected on usb drive. Now today (April 1st 2011, no this is no joke) by accident I inserted by USB stick (16GB) with all my data in the usb drive (G).

Erases started the work without I noticed this. When I tried to unplug my USB stick the message appeared that this is not possible because it is in use. I still did not see that Erases was busy. Since I had to leave I just unplugged the USB stick on non safe method. just pulled it out.

Once back at home I saw that a lot data was missing on my USB. I used laptop to double check. I could not believe my eyes. I did not delete log files in Eraser. I used Recuva to retrieve some docs. Some jps and pdf are recovered. But more important report in word and excell are missing. Some are retrieved but cannot be opened. I also tried to recover with "PC Inspector File Recovery".

I have some knowledge on computers but on this moment I cannot find a solution. Is there anyone who can help me to retreive the problem.

Thanks for your support..

I'm really sorry, but the whole point of Eraser is to make files non-recoverable. If Recuva isn't finding them, I'm afraid that they are just not there any more.

We all make mistakes like yours from time to time. This is probably not the moment to mention the work 'backup', but there are some problems that only a backup will fix.

David

I was already afraid for that answer. I thought I read somewhere that if eraser has finished the job properly and the log file still exists there are some possibilities to retrieve the data.

Please help......

goopstar said:
I was already afraid for that answer. I thought I read somewhere that if eraser has finished the job properly and the log file still exists there are some possibilities to retrieve the data.
Not so, I'm afraid. If that were true, the whole purpose of Eraser would be defeated. unfortunately, you have a problem for which, without a backup, there is no fix.

David

Back