Want to migrate MSG files to EML format in Windows?

I want to transfer Outlook MSG file to Thunderbird EML file. MSG file has personal important data of my office and now I want to export that file to Thunderbird EML. So, how can I migrate the files without any errors?

Last edited:
You can try MSG to EML Converter for Mac Software this tool easily to migrate single file MSG to Windows Live Mail EML file format. You can download MSG to EML Converter for Mac software easily and quickly to convert multiple MSG files to EML file format in a very easy and simple way. This software supports all MS Outlook and Mac OS versions.

Yes, you can easily transfer the Outlook MSG Thunderbird EML files. There are some manual methods present to do so some of them are listed below:
Method 1: Migrate MSG file to EML when Outlook and Thunderbird both are Installed.
  • Drag and drop the MSG file to Outlook >> click on Save As >> provide the location where you want to save the file.
  • In the Save As type, select the file format: TXT and click on Save.
  • Right click on saved txt file and change the extension from txt to eml.
  • Now during you rename the TXT file with changed extension i.e. EML, you’ll see the below warning prompt.
  • Click on Yes and it will save your txt file as eml file.
  • Now to open the converted EML file, go to the location where you’ve saved the file. Right click on the .eml file, click on Open with and select Thunderbird email application.

Export your MSG data to EML format instantly by the use of MSG to EML Conversion This utility gives 100% effective and error-free results. MSG to EML Converter offers the users to export single/batch conversions of the files with all the attachments embedded in it. MSG to EML Converter supports all the available EML based email clients. It is a user-friendly tool that provides a hassle-free platform to the users to perform the operations. It preserves all the meta properties and data integrity of the files intact throughout the conversion process.

Back