Cancelled Erasing

A

Anonymous

I decided to delete and reinstall vice city because I had put too many mods on it and it was crap.
So i deleted the folder (its about 2gig) and put it into the recycle bin and left it. I then decided to delete a load of other stuff and found I had about
22gb free on my hard drive.
I didnt remember that I'd deleted the rather large vice city folder and so tried to erase the recycle bin. I realised in the process that this was infact going to take quite a while so i canceled it. The recycle bin was cleared but now i only have 19gb of HDD space..where have all the deleting files gone??
Where did they go when I pressed cancel?
Any ideas or help?? Thanks

It could be that the temp folder ~ERAFSWD.TMP has used up your space - got logged during cancellation.

Option 1:
Untick cluster tips in Eraser preferences and select a one pass option and run Eraser again. This should return your full freespace allocation.

Option 2:
It could be that either Eraser was terminated abnormally or the system crashed causing the temporary files to be lodged there and the temp Folder (~ERAFSWD.TMP) may have used up your diskspace. You can remove the folder “~ERAFSWD.TMP” and all the files in it to reclaim the disk space
How to find the ~ERAFSWD.TMP Folder to erase it:
1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Click on View->Options and Show Hidden Files.
Run a Find.
3. If found Erase it.
If you wish to use the command prompt you can type “deltree X:\~ERAFSWD.TMP”, where X is the drive letter

Option 3:
1. Run ScanDisk.
2. Using File Finder in Windows, look for files that were changed around the date/time you ran Eraser. This may find ~ERAFSWD.TMP.
3. Erase it.

It could be that the temp folder ~ERAFSWD.TMP has used up your space - got logged during cancellation.

Option 1:
Untick cluster tips in Eraser preferences and select a one pass option and run Eraser again. This should return your full freespace allocation.

Option 2:
It could be that either Eraser was terminated abnormally or the system crashed causing the temporary files to be lodged there and the temp Folder (~ERAFSWD.TMP) may have used up your diskspace. You can remove the folder “~ERAFSWD.TMP” and all the files in it to reclaim the disk space
How to find the ~ERAFSWD.TMP Folder to erase it:
1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Click on View->Options and Show Hidden Files.
Run a Find.
3. If found Erase it.
If you wish to use the command prompt you can type “deltree X:\~ERAFSWD.TMP”, where X is the drive letter

Option 3:
1. Run ScanDisk.
2. Using File Finder in Windows, look for files that were changed around the date/time you ran Eraser. This may find ~ERAFSWD.TMP.
3. Erase it.

Back