Cannot utilize Eraser when downloaded

Judy

I have tried to install 2 Eraser programs: first i tried downloading the Eraser 32bit 5.86 to my Windows 98 computer. I was able to utilize that program to erase all my Recycle Bin files, but could not open the program from my programs list. Once the program was downloaded that was the only way i could view the program seeing as an icon was never installed onto my desktop. I would receive the message: The procedure SHGetFolderPathA could not be located in the DLLSHELL32.dll. I would also receive that same message each time I turned on the computer so i opted for deleting that program.
I have been currently attempting to download & install the Eraser57 zip from voxel.dl.sourceforge.net with no luck there either. That program does appear on my desktop, but when i try to access it i receive the message: There was a problem loading the file specified when running the Accessibility Wizard. I never receive an installation Wizard window while doing this installation. Obviouslyl something is seriously wrong with my computer or these programs or something! HELP!

I have installed Eraser 32bit 5.86 to my Windows 98 computer. I am not able to utilize that program because of the message: The procedure SHGetFolderPathA could not be located in the DLLSHELL32.dll. Wath can I have todo? HELP!

Hi

Eraser 5.7 works ok on Win 98. Uninstall all other versions of Eraser and then install 5.7.

Download it here.

Back