Clarification, If You Please

Seeker1

I have just recently downloaded and installed Eraser 5.7 and have a few queries/concerns re the usage of the software. I have a new HP multimedia center PC m1050e and it appears to be quite finicky when it comes to utilizing new software. MY OS is Windows XP Professional with SP1 and SP2. I have not yet utilized the erase unused disc space function for fear that this software could cause some grief. As this computer has a partitioned D drive (FAT 32) for the recovery function plus a C drive (NTFS), will I or should I expect to run into problems if I erase unused disc space? Is there any specific/"safe" way that I should run this program to avoid any problems?

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

When you run Erase unused space, you can select which drive(s) to clean. Personally, I've never felt the need to clean the OS recovery partition.

I've run the function on both NTFS and FAT32 drives repeatedly with no problems.

Seeker1

Hello,

I have the same hp multi computer as you and was wondering how you made out in using the program.

I haven't used the software yet.

thanks

funplace said:
Seeker1

Hello,

I have the same hp multi computer as you and was wondering how you made out in using the program.

I haven't used the software yet.

thanks
I have used the software, so far, only for deleting some files but to date have been somewhat reluctant to utilize the program for scheduling a erasure of unused disc space. This particular model of HP, from what I can determine, can and has "come up" with some rather unique problems with different cleanup software. Hence, my earlier post requesting feedback from anyone who has fully utilized Eraser on an HP Media Center m1050e.

Can anyone who has this particular HP model and has fully utilized this software please inform us about the success or failure that you encountered?

Thanks!

Back