Darik's boot and nuke= biggest crap in he world

A

Anonymous

Now ive tried ALL 10versions of DBAN, every one stops after That "linux" message as follows :l

oading kernel.bzi................
loading kernel.gz............
ready.
uncompressing linux.....ok. booting the kernel. please wait... nothing happens

also tried:

boot: verbose command= nothing
diskette= nothing, same happens, stops after same message (the diskette is 100% in order)

Have used Verbatim, so dont suggest to try another cd-r brand its a wast of time and discs

Boot config is in order, so its not needed of a change.

Got a Toshiba labtop series Satelite 1900-201

Hope there is a solution,

DBAN

Sees like EVERYBODY have this error, and absolutely no solution have been found anywhere, soo sad it's unable to try this

Active@Killdisk also does not work, so im out of ideas.

tried seagate,maxtor,WD tools, those are not working, the computer works fine, i deleted the drive with xp cd, but want to format it properly before installing

I had no problem with DBAN 1.0.4. I have no floppy, but a CD-ROM. Perhaps you should try the .ISO file via a CD-ROM method instead of the floppy (if your computer is so enabled). Plus, there's no logging and the such. It's worth a shot.

dban

But it's just what i have been doing, i have burnet all 10 versions from a iso image to cd, with nero 6

Well, it was supost to be a "?" in the title, its just that soo many have problems, and those who are satisfied, cant explain why they version work, wich is sad.
Sounds like a kick ass good program...know u have done a good job making it, but soo funny it does not work with my pc it's on a P4 i845 chip set, is there something there what is not compatible?

Well, it was supost to be a "?" in the title, its just that soo many have problems, and those who are satisfied, cant explain why they version work, wich is sad.
Sounds like a kick ass good program...know u have done a good job making it, but soo funny it does not work with my pc it's on a P4 i845 chip set, is there something there what is not compatible?

incompatibility

Yes, there is something incompatible.

I downloaded DBAN 1.0.5 and it worked just fine. I spent a while messing with it, customized it a litlte by adding a custom label and a few comments on the quick.txt and warning.txt screens to indicate that my custom label was there and should be used as the default where I work. I wrote another CD, and it still works just fine. I even went and made it auto boot and run using my default without prompting, but discarded that because it really is destructive.

So you probably want to know what the incompatibility is ... since DBAN is very easy to download and use, there may be some intellectual incompatibilities.

"Darik's boot and nuke= biggest crap in he world". I disagree, your post was the biggest one, and guess where crap comes out of? :lol:

Back