Eraser 6.0.6.1376 fail on start

doom1900

with error:

Code:
---------------------------
First/last 16KB Erasure
The First/last 16KB erasure method requires another erasure method to erase the file.

This must be set in the Plugin Settings dialog.
ОК   
xp sp3 .net 3.5
First/last 16KB erasure method set as default.

Go to the Settings page in Eraser, scroll down to Plugins, Is the Default Erasure Methods and plugins entry checked?

Then, right click on the Default Erasure Methods and Plugins entry, select Settings and tell me what use see for the Erasure Method for First/Last 16KB? If it is blank, set it to something you'd like to use for the erasure.

Joel said:
Go to the Settings page in Eraser, scroll down to Plugins, Is the Default Erasure Methods and plugins entry checked?

Then, right click on the Default Erasure Methods and Plugins entry, select Settings and tell me what use see for the Erasure Method for First/Last 16KB? If it is blank, set it to something you'd like to use for the erasure.

I have the exact same problem and we cannot go to the settings page as Eraser crashes on start up. I ended up uninstalling the program and then having to manually delete the registry entry as the uninstaller failed to do so. I also had to delete the folder Eraser made in the user directory and then reinstall. Now it all works.

And now Eraser is erasing files but then crashing upon completion. I have now returned to 5.8.8 due to these stability issues in Eraser 6.

BTW my settings were First/Last 16k and in the plugins settings I had it set to Psuedorandom when eleting the first/last 16K.

Back