Eraser 6.2.0.2962 released!

garrett01

Administrator
Staff member
This version has been available for over two years as a nightly build. We have bumped the version number and made it the official release.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 (x64)
Eraser 6.2.0.2962

I installed this latest version of Eraser, and I notice two anomalies.

On the Settings page, the Save Settings, Add File, and Add Folder buttons have their text running off beyond the tops and bottoms of the buttons. I have attached a screen print showing this.

When I went to create a custom erasure method with my own hexadecimal string, the input area remained blank while I was typing in the string. I am not sure the string I wanted was really what was saved.

Attachments

Hi
Hopefully I am in the right place.
Below is the e-mail that I sent to the SourceForge website.
---
[site-support:#9442] Title: Eraser 6.2.0.2962.exe is not a valid Win32 application
I received an e-mail "Update Available: Eraser" from "noreply-updater@sourceforge.net" yesterday.
After downloading the .exe I got the runtime error when I attempted to run it.
I repeated the download and got the same result.
I am an old Windows XP head.
---
Their reply:
Hi, this ticketing system is for help with the SourceForge website itself.
If you need help with a software hosted on SourceForge, you should contact the project directly.
SourceForge merely keeps you up to date automatically.
I can confirm that but I have to notice my .NET Framework installation is up to version 3.5, anyway I believe Eraser developers would be glad if someone will let them know about that, so I recommend to ask for help here and to tell him this should be a common problem about Windows XP.
---
So there we have it :?
Help!

Is this a release because you thought we arent working on it anymore and there hasnt been a new release in a few years we might as well release what we have?

Or is this a release because its been available for 2 years already as a nightly build and its ready for mainstream use? With the intention of continuing to it work on it at a later date.

garrett01

Administrator
Staff member
With well over a million downloads of the nightly builds since V6 it was time to push out that version and start building on it.
Eraser is a volunteer effort so its down to time availability when things get done.

With regards to XP - It might be a runtime issue - will have to get an XP machine to try it on.

Will look at the settings issue next.

Ta
Much appreciated for your all efforts.
Will keep an eye out for an XP working version of 6.2.0.2962 at some point.
I'm more than happy with 6.0.10.2620 anyways.
:)

Ta
Much appreciated for your all efforts.
Will keep an eye out for an XP working version of 6.2.0.2962 at some point.
I'm more than happy with 6.0.10.2620 anyways.
:)
Hi I am on windows server 2003 and I also receive the "not a valid win32 application" error
I used 7zip to open the archive (.exe) and then extracted the Eraser (x86).msi and was able to install from that just fine, the archive also has a dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe,,, but I already have upgraded to that ,,, but you may need to extract and run that as well.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 (x64)
On the Settings page, the Save Settings, Add File, and Add Folder buttons have their text running off beyond the tops and bottoms of the buttons. I have attached a screen print showing this.
15 July 2015: This is still a problem with 6.2.0.2969.

This update completely wiped everything out on my data drives on my Windows 7 64bit computers. I've used the older version without problems on data drives, but either the new version is hacked or it has a serious flaw! Windows tells me I need to format the drives to use them!