Eraser 6 slow on start

MaxSpoon

Hi,

I used Eraser 5 up til now and wanted to give the new v6 a try again (I really liked the immediate progress bar on start in 5).

But what bothers me even more is that it takes up to 10-20 seconds before the conformation popup shows up (Eraser is running since windows start) - even if I want only erase one little 1MB (or 1KB for that matter) file - and than it takes again some seconds (depending on how many files, the longer it takes) before the erasing really starts (the Russian 2pass thingie).

Eraser 5 pops up right after the click and started a second later...

Is this normal behavior? If so, it's sadly really a killer for v6...

I'm running on a fresh Win7 64bit and Eraser 6.1 (the stable 6.0 was the same).

Thanks for an answer.

greetings
Max

This is probably the .Net runtime loading. Once its started up the app should be just as snappy as before. - Perhaps your AV app is rescanning the exe every time.
Is there any speed improvement after several right clicking sessions?

garrett01 said:
This is probably the .Net runtime loading. Once its started up the app should be just as snappy as before.
What should start up? Eraser loads at windows start up.

Perhaps your AV app is rescanning the exe every time.
Nope, disabled it for a try, just as slow as before.

Is there any speed improvement after several right clicking sessions?
Nope, did 4 right clicks and no change in speed whatsoever.

The .Net runtime has to load up with Eraser when you run the screens. Sadly this is never going to match the old V5 for speed as .NET has to interpret the code rather than actually execute binary :(

garrett01 said:
Sadly this is never going to match the old V5 for speed as .NET has to interpret the code rather than actually execute binary :(

I already switched back to v5 a fewy days ago.

Back