Eraser has encountered a problem and needs to close

hotdiverod

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop that I have used Eraser on in the past 2 years. However, over the last 6 months Eraser will not work. I updated Eraser about 6 months ago. When I did, I could no longer get Eraser to work. It would start, then immediately close. So I uninstalled it, then reinstalled the latest Eraser at that time. Would not work so I uninstalled again. Today, I installed 6.0.8.2273, however, when I try to run it, the program only starts for a second, then immediately exits. So i uninstalled and installed 6.1.0.2284. This version begins to run eraser for a few seconds, then gives me "Eraser has encountered a problem and needs to close". Then it closes. It also reads: "the file or directory C:\dell\mediadirect\patch\pcm071221-02\setup.log is corrupt and unreadable". Just wondering what to do from here. Thanks, Robert.

You'd need to delete %LOCALAPPDATA%\Eraser\Task List.ersx (you can copy and paste the file into Windows Explorer's address bar and hit enter) and it should work. Let me know if it does not.

Back