Eraser installer seems to be stuck

fongaboo

Installing Eraser on a MacBook under Boot Camp with XPpro SP3. After clicking Next, a box pops up saying the installer is checking disk space requirements. It has a button marked return, but it just returns me to the spot in the installer where i was last at. If I click Next again, the box pops up again. I've let it sit for 5-10 minutes and nothing happens. What is going wrong here?

Sorry, this is one for Joel. While Eraser should, I believe work, under Boot Camp, it is really only designed to work on NTFS and FAT partitions, or drives (e.g. RAID arrays) that mimic them; if your partitioning system is different, Eraser will probably not work in any case.

David

Well the Boot Camp partition is a bonafide NTFS partition. And it's not that the program wont run... I'm not even getting that far; It won't get past step 2 of the installer.

OK false alarm. I cleaned out C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Temp\ and rebooted and the installer ran fine...

fongaboo said:
OK false alarm. I cleaned out C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Temp\ and rebooted and the installer ran fine...
Oh, the joys of the Windows installer! Anyway, I'm glad you fixed it.

David

Back