Eraser won't complete a task

troubled

I've tried using the lastest stable and beta programs and I keep getting this same problem. When I try to run a task in the scheduler it starts fine but stops in less than a minute having done nothing. The "last run" tab is also always the same.

I did try to do a pseudorandom data pass the other day that I had to stop halfway through, but I've done that before with no ill effect. I've tried installing and reinstalling but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

Edit - if I can't get eraser to work is there another program i can use that would overwrite unused space without delete my OS or anything on it?

troubled said:
I've tried using the lastest stable and beta programs and I keep getting this same problem. When I try to run a task in the scheduler it starts fine but stops in less than a minute having done nothing. The "last run" tab is also always the same.
What task are yourunning. Did you check the scheduled task logs for errors?

troubled said:
I did try to do a pseudorandom data pass the other day that I had to stop halfway through, but I've done that before with no ill effect. I've tried installing and reinstalling but it doesn't seem to do anything.
It's unlikely that will cause Eraser to stop working.

The log repeats this over and over

09/10/2009 12:38:38: Scheduler (5.8.8-beta1) starting.
09/10/2009 12:38:54: New task created (C:\).
09/10/2009 12:38:59: Running task (C:\).
09/10/2009 12:39:01: Possible failure running task (C:\).
09/10/2009 12:39:01: Erasing the Free Space of a drive requires elevation
09/10/2009 12:39:01: Erasing the Free Space of a drive requires elevation
09/10/2009 12:39:01: Failed to erase file names from drive C:\, don't know why exactly.

Except at the beginning of the log where it says

08/10/2009 14:41:52: Attempted to access an unnamed file past its end.

I've tried it with three build of Eraser and keep getting the same problem.

Back