Error with Eraser on Win XP

Discarnate

I've been using Eraser on my Win XP machine for the past few months and its been great until a few days ago.

After the latest round of Windows Critical updates, Eraser hasn't started up when my computer does.

Additionally, if I try and launch it from the context shell, the file doesn't erase (I've waited 10 minutes on a 10 KB file to test) and have to eventually kill the Eraser.exe process.

When I do kill the process, I get an error stating "exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation".

I'm currently running version 6.0.7.1893 on Windows XP. I've tried doing an uninstall and reinstall of Eraser to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try deleting the Task List File. There is guidance in the FAQ (link below), in the topic on common Eraser problems. If that doesn't work, uninstall Eraser again, and use the guidance on removing Eraser completely (again accessible through the FAQ post), before reinstalling.

I too have had a significant amount of trouble (though not this) with the latest batch of Windows updates; they have given me at least one blue screen on all my machines.

David

Back