Failed to Erase Unused Space

usandpups

I keep getting several of FAILED TO ERASE UNUSED SPACE messages on the LOG after each eraser run. I have tried to attach a screen shot for your review. but the file says too big, max 256 KiB. How can I send you the file?
Thanks, Frank

Once again, which version and have you run the program as an administrator? You can shrink the file size by reducing the resolution of the image or using a different image format.

5.8.8 and yes I am running as ADMINISTRATOR.
How do I reduce the resolution or use what different format?
Frank

I think I may have a fix to this problem (if you haven't got one already). I tried the same thing as you, running Eraser as administrator and still got the same error message. But then I tried opening Task Manager and stopping the Eraser.exe process, and THEN ran Eraser as Admin, and voila! Problem Solved! Hope this works for you.

DanMulcahy said:
I tried opening Task Manager and stopping the Eraser.exe process, and THEN ran Eraser as Admin, and voilà! Problem Solved!
This is necessary for Eraser 6.0 also. It is possible to change the properties either of the Eraser executable or of the desktop shortcut so that it always runs elevated. Arguably, this raises some security issues, but they are unlikely to be significant for ordinary users; large business networks would be another matter.

I understand that Version 6.2, now in (extended) development, is intended to have the Eraser engine running as a Service, and therefore automatically elevated. This is actually quite a big change, and will take time to implement.

David

Back