Forum and Opera browser.

A

Anonymous

Garrett,
For the guidance of Opera users,it appears you must have "Accept pop up windows" enabled in Preferences, to fully participate in this Forum.
Best Wishes.

That's funny considering that there are no pop-up windows anywhere on this forum anyhow.

But then again I've always considered Opera to be a quirky off-beat kinda browser. :wink:

True-but I found that to post a reply,my normal "Open requested popup windows only" Preference did not work,but all was well with "Accept popup windows".Found recent Operas excellent browsers-but do have very occasional prob. with certain websites-but then what`s IE for?!! Take a bit of getting used to,if you come from IE background.Getting near off topic,so will shut up now!

baldric said:
True-but I found that to post a reply,my normal "Open requested popup windows only" Preference did not work,but all was well with "Accept popup windows".Found recent Operas excellent browsers-but do have very occasional prob. with certain websites-but then what`s IE for?!! Take a bit of getting used to,if you come from IE background.Getting near off topic,so will shut up now!

Hey it's cool, I've got nothing against alternative browsers like Opera, it's just that it's hard to find one which does everything IE6 does.

What you may notice with Opera is, Javascript is still not fully implemented, and judging by the way it's going, probably never will. They seem to be more interested in making Opera look like some jazzy little desktop toy rather than improving upon it's functionality. I could also go on about Opera's lack of DOM support, which prevented me from using my online banking facilities, but it is indeed getting off-topic. :wink:

If you haven't already checked it out, K-Meleon makes for a good back-up browser to IE, plus with the Gecko rendering engine behind it, supports the web standards better and more fully than Opera does currently, plus it is more extendable function-wise due to macro scripting support. You can check it out here: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net

Eraser and Mozilla

Note sneaky way to get back on topic! Al,I tried KMeleon,but found I preferred Mozilla-especially 1.4,but it`s all a matter of taste-or lack of it!
One thing I do like with Mozilla(and I suppose KMeleon),is it has so few files,4 I think, that need the attention of Eraser to remove any surfing traces,or just plain housekeeping to keep down the detritus.None "locked" like IE .dat either!I don`t know what might be left in the Registry-but am not that paranoid-yet! Maybe someone can enlighten us?

Well as far as Mozilla goes, here is a list of the different components that are stored: http://www.gemal.dk/mozilla/files.html
A similar list of components can also be found here:
http://www.hmetzger.de/pdl.html

From that list you can pretty much work out for yourself which ones you want to wipe or not, of course bearing in mind that wiping some files will result in loss of data and information which Mozilla might require. :wink:

Back